How to re-categorize clothing in the Sims 3



Hello! I've decided to do this mini tutorial after recieving an ask on how to change clothes categories for sims 3. The process is very very easy and it's one of the first things I learned before converting clothes.

I could have described the process with only words but I've always thought that pictures teach a lot better that just words.

This process only works with package files.

Anyway, here we go!

1. Install S3PE. You can grab the program here: Simlogical

2. I'd reccomend associating the program to package files, but things can get confusing if you also have Sims 4 installed because the program reads all package files but will only open Sims 3 files.

3. Open the package file you would like to re-categorize.

4. Click on the CASP tag.

5.  Click on Grid

6. The Grid panel allows you to choose which sex and categories you want  to assign your clothes to. When you're done with your changes, click on Commit.


7. When you've finished making your changes, select File and Save.


 And that's all! As you can see, it is very easy. If you are still confused, just drop a comment and happy simming!

*Please enlarge the pictures to see them in a better quality.

Comments

  1. Oh, wow! Thank you for this tutorial! I have wondered how to do this, and the tutorials out there were either missing images, too wordy, or too complex. Yours is simple and it has pictures! I am a visual learner. So, this helped. There were some clothing from ITF EP that were made base game- compatible, but the categories for some made no sense. No sense! So, I'm doing a fix thanks to this tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I wanted the tutorial as easy as possible because this is really simple. I'm also a visual learner, so pictures are a must. Glad the tutorial is useful and happy simming!

      Delete
  2. I started playing sims 3 again and this will help me a lot, thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simmania, I have an issue with this cc. It's in my game folder, but I can't see it in my game! Yes, I have other cc that works in my game. It's in my folder, sometimes it randomly generates on my sims, but when I search for it for my sims to wear, it doesn't appear. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! This is a tutorial but which cc are you referring to?

      Delete
    2. Sorry for the late reply, I installed a lot of cc for teens and elders from this sight and I can't find it when I try to put it on my sims. If you don't know what the problem is it's fine.

      Delete
  4. how can you organize by choosing false and true?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine saved as another package file. Is that supposed to happen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this!! The pictures helped out a lot and you made it very easy to understand. Thank you so much for this tutorial and for all the great content you have made, I use so much of the stuff you made in my game!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Contact/Request

Name

Email *

Message *